Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year, New Books, Author Interviews



Hello, Luvs! 
I am super excited for this event I have made for January! And I want you all to get a little understanding of it before we go into it more. 

Okay, so first off, this month of January is dedicated to interviewing a whole bunch of amazing, awesome, cool authors. There is also a little surprise, there will also be TWO bloggers I will be interviewing for this month! so be looking out for those lovely gals <3 
the posts will be posted ever week, whether there are three authors interviewed that week or just one, I'm not sure. So be sure to check up daily or every other day just in case! 
also, every author will be given that SAME questions, I wanted to do different questions but then decided against it because I thought it better to just have the same ten questions <3 

Today is the first of January so here will be the interview of the lovely author who is starting this event off! 

○○○○○○

the author who is starting this even off is *Drum roll, please!* 

Esther Dalseno

I am happy that she agreed! She has been so amazing, and her book "Drown" is wonderful. Make sure to get it! 
(Click Image)



Let's get to the interview! 


Question 1- What Is your New Years resolution? 
Esther- To finish writing two novels this year! 

Question 2- Are you working on anything new for January? 
Esther- Yes. I'm just finishing up a 100,000 word novel to send over to my agent. I don't want to say too much-but it is loosely (and I mean loosely - for those of you who read Drown, you'll know it stuck very closely to the fairy tale and this is the complete opposite) based on a very obscure French fairy tale written relatively recently, as far as fairy tales go. I am also working on ORLANDO AND THE SPIRITS,the sequel to GABRIEL AND THE SWALLOWS. GABREIL AND THE SWALLOWS is being released in Spring 2016 by OfTomes Publishing, who we all love and adore! 

Question 3-  What Inspires you most when you write?
Esther- Memory. A well-drafted character profile. Coffee table books full of beautiful photograpthy. Walking in new cities. Reading books of similar genre by authors I admire while writing. 

Question 4- What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book? 
Esther- I am a massive stickler for research and that can sometimes be boring and difficult as hell! for ORLANDO AND THE SPIRITS, I have an enormous and very hectic research trip to istanbul and right now, it's very time consuming to find the right guides, experts in particular fields and interviewees. But if you want to create an authentic setting, there's no way around it! And once all that gets organized, then being there and experiencing the culture, the sights and eating all that yummy food makes me realize how much I love research! 

Question 5- What's your favorite quote? 
Esther- "The Opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference." 

Question 6- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 
Esther- Oh God. Hopefully somewhere warm. A martini would be nice. 

Question 7- Where are you from?
Esther- I am from the land down under aka Australia!

Question 8- If you could work with ANY author this year, who would you want it to be? 
Esther- Ooooooh! What an incredible question. There are so many. I adore Leigh Bardugo and V.E.Schwab for YA. When it comes to other genres, I love Isabel Allende, Haruki Murakami and Ann Patchett. But if I had to write a book with one of them, I am sure many authors would agree that no mater how wonderful and brilliant your writing partner may be, it takes an unlikely sprinkling of fortitude to get two to work together successfully. I couldn't ever imagine completing so much as a short story with another author, which is my failing entirely! I greatly envy the partnership of Cassandra Clare and Holly Black-they make such pretty music together.

Question 9- What are a few books you want to read this year (2016) or What genre do you like to read most? 
(Authors can choose either question--freebie).
Esther- A few? Must I name only a few? There are loads of brilliant YA sequels coming out this year, and I'm going to nab them all. 

Question 10- What's ONE thing your really looking forward to? 
Easter- I'm looking forward to having a conversation with my daughter, Florence. She's less than a year old so we mainly communicate via banging things against the floor and nonsensical sounds. I can't wait for us to use our words! 


Thank you Esther for starting this off! and for agreeing to let me interview you! 
Below will be the links to her twitter and website,


Also, follow OfTomes on twitter here to (most likely) get more information on Esther's upcoming beauties that I'm silently dying to get my hands on. 

Be watching for more upcoming interviews with more awesome authors! I hope you all enjoy this event I've made back in November.


Happy Reading, Luvs! 


4 comments:

  1. This was a great interview! She has great taste in authors--V.E. Schwab and Leigh Bardugo write such brilliant stories! I'm excited to read the other interviews later in the month too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! I hope you enjoy them! <3

      Delete
  2. Oh my Lord this was a really great interview! :O I'm jealous of your questions, man. Like, I can never think of what to ask xD YOU DID EXCELLENT! Can't wait to read the next one.

    ReplyDelete