Tuesday, January 12, 2016

New Year, New Books, Author Interviews #4


Are you ready for ANOTHER interview? 
I've been so busy, and have a feeling I might get behind schedule so I am writing, writing, writing to stay ahead of schedule! So far, I'm 50/50. 
Tomorrow, I will be ahead. 
Hopefully!

Anyways, The author that has agreed to let me interview her today is the author of a gorgeous book. That will be released on February 23rd, 2016. 
I haven't read her book yet, but it NEEDS to be in my hands because I fell in love with the cover the second I saw it! 
I am a sucker for good covers ;) 

Anyways, I'll stop making you wait on who it is and tell you already! 

THE AUTHOR IS.....

oooooh, did you see that? I think I just saw a bird . . . 
(hahaha, sorry back to the interview) 

KIM SAVAGE!!!!!!!!!!!

I am extremely excited for this interview, so like the millionth time! thank you for doing the interview with me! <3 

Hope you all enjoy! 

○○○○○○


Question 1- What is your New Years resolution? 
Kim- To work with blinders on. I'm a magpie for anything shiny: If I don't disconnect from social media to get Book 3 done, I'm toast. 

Question 2- Are you working on anything new for January? 
Kim- In December, I returned line edits for my second novel with FSG/Macmillan. I'll demur on the title for now, but think Romeo and Juliet meets the Virgin Suicides meets Thirteen Reasons Why, with a serious twist that I'd like to think no one has seen before. So, January means a fresh book, fresh character: a blank page. I'm thrilled and terrified. 

Question 3- What inspires you most when you write? 
Kim- I'm inspired by writers working at the height of their talent. Lately, Lauren Groff and Hanya Yanagahira, for different reasons. Groff is pure passion on the page. Yanagahira is all seamless story-telling. I dreamt of their current novels for weeks after finishing them. 

Question 4- What was the HARDEST thing about writing your latest book? 
Kim- Not writing it. Despite my fear of the blank page (see No. 2), I've been positively grouchy about not getting to Book 3 sooner. I get all Grumpy Cat when I'm kept from writing for too long. 

Question 5- What's your favorite quote? 
Kim- Anne Lamott: "You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." Now more than ever. 

Question 6- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 
Kim- Writing, because if I stopped, I think I'd die. Is that melodramatic? Probably. I don't write for a so-called YA audience; my books are for everyone (as are all YA books, and all adult books. These labels are so tired!). In five years, maybe I'll have novels in the adult and children's sections of the bookstore. The only places I don't see myself in is Self-Help, because really, I'm not qualified. 

Question 7- Where are you from? 
Kim- North of Boston; originally, South of Boston. My books definitely have that flava, if your looking for it. 
Question 8- If you could work with ANY author this year, who would you want it to be? 
Kim- Donna Tartt. Always Donna Tartt. Her brand of storytelling speaks to me. I have a Dickens thing, if that helps explain it. 

Question 9- What are a few books you want to read this year (2016) or what genre do you like to read most? 
(Authors can choose either question--freebie) 
Kim- I reach for psychological suspense with a fantastic or gothic element. Mainly, though, I lean on trade reviews. Maureen Corrigan, Alan Cheuse, and Daniel Kraus can convince me to read anything. 

Question 10- What's ONE thing your really looking forward to? 
Kim- One thing meaning a book, or, or just anything? Oh gosh, the pressure! Okay: having my first in-person conversation about AFTER THE WOODS with a reader after its release. They don't need to have liked it: my hope is that they've been moved by it. That's all a writer wants, I think. 

Thank you, Kim Savage for letting me interview you! It has been so awesome! and I can't wait for your book! 


Like always, her links are below *points down* 





HAPPY READING, LUVs 
*bows on stage and waves to all the people* 
(just to be clear, I'd be the one to fall off the stage not bow on the stage . . . I wouldn't get that far XD) 

No comments:

Post a Comment