Sunday, January 17, 2016

New Year, New Books, Author Interviews #7


Today I will be interviewing the author of Bound by Prophecy! 
If you don't know who that is, I'll leave links to her site and twitter on the bottom! 

So, the author that'll be answering all my questions I've made is,

MELISSA WRIGHT

*cheering noises* 
Thank you Melissa for agreeing to let m interview you for my little interviewing event! 
And to the readers, I hope you enjoy this interview! 

○○○○○○

Question 1- What is your New Years resolution? 
Melissa- A more structured schedule. There's so much to fit in, I'd love to have a bit more discipline in that department so I can make more words and art and fun between all the day-to-day necessities.

Question 2- Are you working on anything new for January? 
Melissa- I'm hoping to finish up the fourth book in the Frey Saga, Venom and Steel, and I have a few fun side projects that I haven't announced yet. 

Question 3- What Inspires you most when you write? 
Melissa- Sometimes it hits in the strangest places (at the grocery or mid-shower when you've got nothing to write on) but usually I'm inspired while listening to music. There's just something about a certain song or lyric that strikes home, and then I'm rushing to get back to my keyboard and flesh out the story. 

Question 4- What was the hardest thing about writing you latest book? 
Melissa- Keeping it fresh. This is the fourth book in the series, so I don't want readers to get bored or feel like the characters are facing the same challenges over and over. I'm working to keep it interesting and still share those same core characteristics they enjoyed from the first three. 

Question 5- What's your favorite quote? 
Melissa- My favorite quote changes as often as my favorite books; tight now it's "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." -Pablo Picasso 

Question 6- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 
Melissa- The beauty of life is that if you're open to opportunities, you can find yourself in much more interesting situations than you ever imagined. I've enjoyed the unexpected turns of the last five years immensely, since I've only in the last five years begun to write. I hope the next lead to more novels, more art, and more collaborations. 

Question 7- Where are you from? 
Melissa- I was born and currently live in a very rural part of the Midwest (US).

Question 8- If you could work with ANY author this year, who would you want it to be? 
Melissa- Oh wow, that's really tough. I have a dozen answers that involve my favorite authors... It's probably safer to be just their reader and not see the magic from behind the scenes, but Maggie Stiefvater seems like fun. 

Question 9- What are a few books you want to read this year (2016) or What genre do you like to read most? 
(Author can choose either question--freebie) 
Melissa- I love YA fantasy! There is so much amazing going on there.

Question 10- What's ONE thing your really looking forward to? 
Melissa- I'm so looking forward to some time to work on one of my special side projects--a children's picture book featuring my own illustrations and story. Art and writing are my favorite diversions, so I'm excited to combine the two. 


○○○○○○

First off, thank you once again for doing this Melissa! 
Second, I loved all of Melissa's answers!

To learn more about Melissa Wright, her links are below! 


Visit the launch post to this event, here
or Visit the Features section to find all the interviews! 

HAPPY READING, LUVs 

No comments:

Post a Comment